How to Choose the Proper Play Yard for Your Child
Play yards have come a long way from the simple cubes you may remember from your own childhood. Back then they were referred to as play pens and consisted of just a floor and four walls.
Today, there are a variety of different options available and several things parents should consider before buying one for their home:
- A bassinet gives parents the option to let their new baby nap close to them. This is especially handy if your nursery is on a different floor or in a different section of the house from your day-to-day activities. A play yard can also be easily set up in the parent’s room as an alternative to a more traditional bassinet.
- Having an alternate location to change your little one can save steps and help out a busy parent. Many play yards also feature storage shelves which are handy places to keep extra diapers, powder, etc.
- Whether it’s a mobile, a night light, a module that plays calming songs or a combination of these items; play yards that offer these soothing options can make life more interesting for your little one and easier on you as a parent when trying to quiet a fussy child.
- Out and about with baby? Choose a play yard that folds down compactly and will fit easily in your family car. You’ll have a comfy place for them to hang out wherever you go!
- Picking the Right Stroller
- Essential Items for a Healthy Baby Nursery
- All About Baby Bathtubs
- All About Travel Systems
- Car Seat Recommendations and Buying Guide
- How to Choose the Proper Stroller for Your Child
- All About High Chairs and Booster Seats
- How to Choose the Proper High Chair for Your Child
- All About PlayYards and Walkers
- All About Baby Monitors
- Baby Monitor Selection Tips
- All About Gates
- Safety Gate Selection Tips
- The Difference Between Thermometers
- All About Potties
- S1 Product Line