Safety Gate Select Tips
Helpful HintsWhy install a Safety Gate?
To prevent a fall down the stairs To keep children from “off-limit” areas (e.g. kitchen or back hallway) To define appropriate, safe play spaces (e.g. living or bedroom doorways)What type of Safety Gate should I use?
At Top of Stairs, use hardware mount (screwed-in hinge) often called Swing
At Bottom of Stairs, use pressure mount walk-thru (U-shaped frame with swing panel) OR hardware mount (tools required for installation)
In Doorways, between Rooms or in Hallways, use pressure mount security (easy-release latch or pop-in) OR pressure mount walk-thru (U-shaped frame with swing panel)When should I buy a Safety Gate?
Try to install Safety Gates BEFORE your child becomes mobile; this helps prevent injuries and will also give you time to become accustomed to using them regularly.
- Picking the Right Stroller
- Essential Items for a Healthy Baby Nursery
- All About Baby Bathtubs
- All About Travel Systems
- Car Seat Recommendations and Buying Guide
- How to Choose the Proper Stroller for Your Child
- All About High Chairs and Booster Seats
- How to Choose the Proper High Chair for Your Child
- All About PlayYards and Walkers
- How to Choose the Proper Play Yard for Your Child
- All About Baby Monitors
- Baby Monitor Selection Tips
- All About Gates
- The Difference Between Thermometers
- All About Potties
- S1 Product Line